Manually Setting up Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2010:
Although we encourage our customers to set up Outlook using Autodiscover, below you can find a guide that will get you going right away.
Autodiscover is the best way to receive the full benefits of our hosted email solutions.
So what is Autodiscover?
Autodiscover is a service that allows users to easily configure their email client knowing only their email address and password. E-mail clients that make use of Autodiscover include Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2011, Mac Mail, Entourage 2008 WSE and many smartphones. Autodiscover also enables additional features for Microsoft Exchange mailboxes such as: Downloading the Offline Address Book, viewing Free/Busy time in calendar, and Out-of-Office assistant.
- Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, Double-click the Mail icon.
Note: Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon or it may state 32-Bit.
- Click the Show Profiles button, click the Add button to build a new profile and enter a name for this profile as desired and click the OK button.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, click the Next button, select the Microsoft Exchange option button and click the Next button.
- Enter the Microsoft Exchange server address from the Setting Up Outlook 2010 Manually section in the Setting Up Outlook 2010 instructions and select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- In the User Name box, enter your full email address, select the More Settings button.
- Click the Connection tab, Under Outlook Anywhere, select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box.
- Select the Exchange Proxy Settings button, enter the Proxy Server address from the Setting Up Outlook 2010 instructions.
- Select the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes and under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
- Click on Ok, Apply, then Ok one more time, select the Check Name button in the Connect window, enter your email Password and click the OK button.
Note: You may get a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
- Your name will be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Select next, then finish; open Outlook and select your Exchange profile and enter in your username and password.